The steam produced under a certain pressure has high humidity and strong penetrating, which can kill microorganisms quickly and effectively. It is one of the main methods for sterilization of instruments. It is characterized by reliable, economy, rapidity and good sterilization effect. The basic structure is as follows:
1. Pressure vessel: Includes sterilization chamber, jacket, door and other components that are permanently connected to the sterilization chamber. It’s made of stainless steel and has a thermal insulation layer.
1) Sterilization room: space for items to be sterilized
2) Jacket: Surrounds the stainless steel structure welded on the surface of the sterilization chamber to realize mechanical reinforcement and temperature control of the sterilization chamber.
2. Pipeline system
1) Steam entering the pipeline: directly connected to the steam source, sending steam to the sterilization chamber or jacket.
2) Steam drainage Pipeline: Discharge steam condensate.
3) Sterilization chamber discharge pipeline: connecting the sterilization chamber and discharge pipeline, which is the passage for the gas in the sterilization chamber and the condensed water to be discharged to the outside.