According to the driving and control methods, it can be divided into three types, namely, side-operated operating bed, head-operated operating bed, and electro-hydraulic operating bed.
According to the operating room department, it is divided into a comprehensive operating bed and specialist operating bed. The comprehensive operating bed is suitable for thoracic surgery, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, ophthalmology, obstetrics and gynecology, otolaryngology, urology and so on. Specialized surgical beds are divided into birth beds, orthopedic operating beds, neurosurgical operating beds, and ophthalmic beds.
The scope of application of the operating bed
The basic function of the operating bed is to adjust the position of the operation, expose the surgical field, and make the operation go smoothly. There are 5 types of commonly used surgical positions: prone position, supine position, tilt position, perineal position and sitting position.
1) Prone position is mainly suitable for vertebral surgery.
2) The supine position is suitable for routine surgery such as general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery.
3) The tilt position is suitable for gallbladder, kidney and anorectal surgery.
4) The perineal position is suitable for operations such as obstetrics and gynecology and urology.
5) Sitting position is suitable for surgery such as neurosurgery and nasopharynx.